Monday, January 24, 2011

The Great Book Challenge of 2011


So I decided to up my book reading challenge to 25 for the year. See Below:


2011 Reading Challenge


Kellie has

read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.

hide








But this is going to include the novels that I will be reading for this last semester as well. These include:



My Antonia By: Willa Cather

Black Boy By: Richard Wright

Daisy Miller By: Henry James

Their Eyes Were Watching God By: Zora Neale Hurston

The Age of Innocence By: Edith Wharton

The Great Gatsby By: F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Sun Also Rises By: Ernest Hemingway

Catcher in the Rye By: JD Salinger



and possibly more... So that's 8 right there. :-)



Plus currently I am reading:
Room By: Emma Donnahue

Shopgirl By: Steve Martin - a re-read. One of my favorite books.

Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat who Touched the World By: Vicki Myron

 
Kellie's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Room is very good. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I will put a full review on here as soon as I finish it.

And Dewey is very sweet. Though Room is overshadowing it in my reading time right now, I hope to get back to it soon.





Pretty good start to the challenge though!



Other books I hope to read over the year include:

The Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much By: Allison Hoover Bartlett

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn By: Betty Smith

Blackberry Wine By: Joanne Harris

Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant By: Daniel Tammet


Any suggestions for others to add to the list??

2 comments:

  1. I just read Lolita. It's kind of creepy, but it's seriously the best-written book I've ever read!

    Oh and could you save your copy of the Sun Also Rises for me? ... I want to read that but there's no way I'm paying $13 for it on the Kindle (or 13 euro for an actual book here!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Fixers" - about the two guys who covered up everything at MGM studios, including creep Clark Gable's version of fatherhood after his visit to Truckee.

    "Mad as Hell, the biography of Paddy Chayefsky"

    "Fear on Trial" by John Henry Falk

    ReplyDelete