Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

Well, 2010 – you certainly had your highs and lows, your good days and bad. I got married to the most wonderful man in the world, and in the same year, I lost my baby cat of 15 years.



Kitters, I will always love you and still think about you and miss you everyday. I will never forget you. You truly were there for me through the majority of my childhood and growing up – age 8 to 23 - and you helped me through so many struggles. I will always love you baby girl, and I know you will lead me to find a new kitty (or two) someday when I'm ready for that. I also know that you came into my life for a purpose, as all animals do. You had to watch me grow into the person I am today, and you needed me to be settled in my life with Chris before it was your time to go. I couldn't have gotten through losing you without him. Losing you was partly losing an old chapter of life. It's hard and painful, and I am still grieving the loss. But because it's a new year, I want to focus more on making this new chapter wonderful and honoring your memory. You gave so many wonderful memories and for that I know you will always be with me, like pawprints on my heart – guiding me into this next chapter of life. 


My 2011 New Year's Resolutions

  • Choose to be Happy – Simple as that.
  • Read at least 10 books that I want to read this year
  • Try one new recipe at least every other week and keep a binder of ones we like.
  • Continue my Zumba and other exercise to keep stress in check and run the 5K Race for the Cure in May.
  • Start checking off items on our Pre-Baby Bucket List (idea from Ashlee's blog) – we aren't having kids for a while and there's a lot we want to do before then. This year, possibly Disneyland and New York.


Who knows what joys and challenges this year will bring...but we'll be ready for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment