Well, 2010 – you certainly had your highs and lows, your good days and bad. I got married to the most wonderful man in the world, and in the same year, I lost my baby cat of 15 years.
Kitters, I will always love you and still think about you and miss you everyday. I will never forget you. You truly were there for me through the majority of my childhood and growing up – age 8 to 23 - and you helped me through so many struggles. I will always love you baby girl, and I know you will lead me to find a new kitty (or two) someday when I'm ready for that. I also know that you came into my life for a purpose, as all animals do. You had to watch me grow into the person I am today, and you needed me to be settled in my life with Chris before it was your time to go. I couldn't have gotten through losing you without him. Losing you was partly losing an old chapter of life. It's hard and painful, and I am still grieving the loss. But because it's a new year, I want to focus more on making this new chapter wonderful and honoring your memory. You gave so many wonderful memories and for that I know you will always be with me, like pawprints on my heart – guiding me into this next chapter of life.
My 2011 New Year's Resolutions
- Choose to be Happy – Simple as that.
- Read at least 10 books that I want to read this year
- Try one new recipe at least every other week and keep a binder of ones we like.
- Continue my Zumba and other exercise to keep stress in check and run the 5K Race for the Cure in May.
- Start checking off items on our Pre-Baby Bucket List (idea from Ashlee's blog) – we aren't having kids for a while and there's a lot we want to do before then. This year, possibly Disneyland and New York.
Who knows what joys and challenges this year will bring...but we'll be ready for them!