Monday, March 7, 2011

3 good things in the midst of the waiting game

Anyone who knows us right now, knows Chris and I have been going through a REALLY tough time waiting to see if he is going to get this new job. Sometimes the waiting game has seemed unbearable. But in the midst of it all, I have tried to think of the happy things that are squeezed in between all that stress. I have discovered that really simple things can make me happy. And three of them happened this weekend.

First – a pedicure. It may not sound like much, but something about my inner perfectionist loves having my toenails look nice and perfectly painted. And thanks to Ultimate Nails in Lohmann's Plaza's only $17 pedicures and a very full change jar, I was able to make that happen. :-)

Second – going to the gym. Now 5 years ago, back in high school, I don't think I ever would have said that. But in the last 6 months to a year, I have been very consistently going to the gym several times a week, and I think I finally realized that the gym has now become my happy place. It is my stress relief, it keeps me sane. And thanks to some very awesome 24 hour Fitness instructors (Aman, Alex, Ingrid, Cathie) and some great gym buddies I enjoy it more every time I go. Plus – spring softball season is just around the corner! Yay!

And Third – Books and a trip to Barnes and Noble. Thanks to Groupon, I had a $20 gift card, so Chris and I ventured over there for a date Saturday. I love that we both love to read. There is nothing like a new book, or especially one you've been looking forward to reading. He has this series by Patrick Rothfuss that he loves. The second book came out last week and he couldn't wait to get it. Knowing him, he'll have it finished by next week – and the book is 1000 pages! I've promised to give the series a try this summer after I am finished with school. Because he said because of my love of Harry Potter, I will probably like it. Anyway, I bought a book too, and also got this month's book club pick on my kindle. And also added several books to my list of “Books I want to read.” This list is in addition to the long list of books already on our shelves at home that I have yet to read. It's gonna be a reading summer, I tell you!


So as we continue our waiting game, I can at least look at pretty toenails, look forward to the gym Tues/Wed/Fri and we can read our new books together. :-)

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. :-) I'm so happy for you! I've been saying "I'll go to the gym tomorrow" every day for the last two months... haha. Maybe today's the day!
    Best of luck with Chris and the job you mentioned! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete